Saturday, December 28, 2013

Wander

I missed the train,
I missed the the buses
I missed my early morning paper
Reading with a cup of coffee by my side.

I missed the Saviour,
I missed the love
I mistook it in my self righteousness
"I don't need Him, I'm good".

But even the capital H
Shows He hadn't given up on me yet
For the mindset,
It was still there

A Christian once,
A Christian forever?
Read the scriptures and your eyes will open
Hold on to those words like water in a desert.

Never dismiss them from your mind
So that when the oppurtunity arises
You can find the sayings in your head
And recite them as they're meant to be said

Full of passion and desire.

I missed the trains,
Out in the pouring rain
A broken soul was on the floor
With chest flung wide open.

Don't let this be you
Do as you should do
And the The Lord will lead
Till paths end and Heaven approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment