Sunday, December 15, 2013

I Could be A Little Bit Warmer

Winter's here
And I could be a little bit warmer.
Could you nuke that Hot Chocolate,
It's gotten cold.
Oh, the thermostat if you would.

I could cut myself down
But would that fix the problem?
Honestly, does my writing do anything for you?
Regardless here I sit
Complaining about my privileges.

I was going to write about the merry holidays,
So that I shall.
Christ the child
Came down that night
Amidst the fight

Between humans
To be the best
To pass their tests.
In mediocre surroundings;
He was born in poverty.

But the son of God
Loved all
Even when we fell
And in such blindness
Hung Him high,

Feeling justified in the shadow of the cross
On which He took the loss
Of life for children He loved so dearly.
He loves you.
He knows you,

He knows your struggles,
Each shortcoming
But also each lovely thing about you.
I hope through His unyielding compassion
I can live right

So each person I greet,
Will be impacted with that meet
And know also that God still lives.
In the snow and storm
His love is borne.

I want you to know,
All of you
That this comes very sincerely from me.
Each line is another beat of my heart,
Another lifeline from me to the world.

All of this is what it is
So for now I will leave it as it is
And write another time,
In another place
Maybe better describing this season of love.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem David. You have some fabulous writing skills you know... Your photos for this latest project have been really great! Can't wait to see the next ones! Thanks for all your help organizing the Christmas party today, and for the awesome Christ-moose mug! It's perfect for a nice cup of hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really do enjoy it. I can't wait either, I really have to start on that. ;) Definitely. I did just about nothing though, you really carried the occasion. May it hold many a Saturday Noon's Cocoa.

      Delete