Friday, November 29, 2013

Tea Time

The water is boiling,
I'll get a teabag
It's been so long,
Since we had a good chat.
What's a connection,
What's a relationship

When it's not tended to?
I used to feel like you should be here
All the time, late till eve's dawn.
Maybe I won't rush you off this time,
We could just sit and talk,
Or play a game; maybe a story,

Would you grace me with your tales?
I know what you've done,
I mean I've read about you;
All your love for me and that.
But sometimes it's hard to believe
Like I'm supposed to.

Want to sit with me
And bring me into your arms?
Is it supposed to be like a worldly relationship,
Where I feel love for you based on actions?
Should I buy you a sacrifice,
And do to as they did

Back in the days when you seemed so real?
What will I do with a sweet lamb,
Surely not slaughter it on stone.
I couldn't, and it would be foolish of me to.
Maybe there's another way for me to atone my sins.

The tea's almost ready, I guess you should leave,
Wait no!
Oh. You're already gone,
But I pushed you away.
You bored me,
Or did I choose not to listen?

While I write this poem,
Slightly sick in the stomach,
Because cars aren't friendly,
I could open my heart a little bit wider
And call your name,

So we could chat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment