Friday, October 11, 2013

The Tower

Profound glory surrounds
My quickening heart
And these firey hues

Ignite my soul,
The very core of my
Being.
The corners of my lips

Tug upward until
Laughter breaks forth
Composing a song of innocence
So sweet a melody that is uttered.

The power of the Lord surrounds me,
And there is no reason to be of contrite heart,
For what is there to reminisce,
When this wonder before my eyes

Melts my heart
Until tears of joy
Flow like a river.
Just look around yourself

And you'll know too
Of His presence
Underneath,
Over top,

Behind,
And inside you.
We can't even fully understand
But that's alright

Because that would take away
From discovering
Magnificence.
Just follow me

Let's go to cross,
As the children we were meant to be,
Mindless of our old lives,
And in this storm {this beautiful storm}

Sins will be lifted
As a butterfly lifts
Her wings to fly freely
To places only God can tell.

Uncontrollable happiness
Is what we will bathe in.
And when we are freshly cleansed,
Then we will awake.

There again is the house I grew up in.
And there's the school
That shaped my childhood,
Oh! And my parents

Adoringly watching
Their son grow up.
You see, it never goes away;
The world around us

Is still here for a while,
But the thing that has changed,
I've found,
Is inside us.

He took the nails
So we can be free.
My soul is changed,
And this is the starting to a new story.

1 comment: